You don't have to settle for a generic, "fill in the blanks" website to represent your business. I'll build a website to your specifications, for a fraction of the cost of a custom designed website anywhere else.
If you do decide to use my service to design and maintain your website:
- You'll get the benefit of my 20+ years of website design experience.
- I've invested thousands of dollars into website design software so I can create whatever look or functionality your website is likely to require. The "Advanced Features" page details most of the features available.
- If you need help with creating the content of your website, I hold a BS in Journalism and I have copy writing experience for Internet, broadcast and print media.
- My work background is primarily in sales and marketing for small businesses so I have an insider's perspective that I'll use to your advantage.
- I currently have clients in five states and one foreign country, so I can work with you no matter where you are.
This website is checked daily and certified as "Malware free". Your website can feature the same protection for less than you might imagine.
I specialize in "responsive" website design
The underlying structure of a responsive website is far more complex than an older "fixed width" website, which means they take longer to create and therefore cost more... sometimes far more. Since I specialize in responsive websites I have reduced the design time so that it is only about 20% or 30% longer than designing a fixed width website.
So why should you pay more for a responsive website?
- Recent statistics show that over half the visits to the Internet are now being done from small devices like smart phones and iPads. If your website isn't responsive all those visitors will simply go to another website that is responsive.
- In April of 2016 Google began penalizing the search engine rankings of all non-responsive websites... and other search engines are beginning to follow Google's lead. If you need to be found on the Internet, search engine ranking is critical so you MUST have a responsive website.
What are your options?
- If you have an existing non-responsive website, I can rebuild it and make it responsive.
- If you require a new website and cost is more important than search engine ranking or site visits from cell phones, I can still build you a fixed width website. Otherwise, I highly recommend having me build a responsive website to your specifications.
Here is a partial list of responsive websites I've designed.
Reduced Design Costs
I have very low overhead so I'm able to charge a flat rate of $60 per hour. Most custom website design companies charge upwards of $100 per hour for their design time, which makes even a basic website cost at least $1000. My websites typically cost less than half of what other website design companies are charging for the same work.
- Domain name purchase: A basic .com domain name is only $12 per year. Domain names ending in .biz, .co, .pro, .info, .org, .us ... and dozens of other endings... can run from $15 to $72 per year. I can't give you an exact price until I know what domain name you want.
- Domain name transfers: I require all of my website clients to register their domain names through me since I don't have the time or the inclination to learn how other domain registrars operate. Since you're paying me by the hour, this will actually save you money in the long run. If you already have a domain name, there will be a $30 fee to transfer it.
- Hosting: A single domain name can be hosted on an economy hosting plan. My current annual rate for an economy hosting plan is $96... which works out to only $8 per month. If you need to host more than one website on the same hosting plan you can upgrade to the deluxe hosting plan which is still only $12 per month.
- Contact Forms: If you need a contact form like the one on this page, there will be an additional charge of $75, which covers my cost to purchase a license for the form software, and my time to design and deploy the form.
- Inexpensive Site Maintenance Plans: If your website requires frequent updating, I offer annual maintenance plans starting at $20 per month. Compare my rates to the other custom website design firms who charge upwards of $50 per month for the same level of service.
- Graphics: The money illustration on this panel is an example of a graphic. I purchase graphics from GraphicStock. The fee for each graphic I purchase from GraphicStock is $5. There may be an additional fee if I have to purchase a graphic elsewhere at a higher cost, but this is a rare occurrence.
- GraphicStock photos are the same $5 each that I charge for graphics.
- Your photos ~ The time I spend cropping, resizing, and cleaning up the photos you send me is charged at my standard rate of $60 per hour. Send me good photos and the cost will be negligible. Send me crappy photos and the cost will be higher.
- Search Engine Optimization: (Click the SEO tab above for a more detailed explanation of SEO) The cost to have me purchase the Search Engine Visibility program and implement the recommended improvements is $100. (The Search Engine Visiblity software
also includes a free Internet Yellow Pages ad and submission to over 100 search engines.)
- Pre-deployment Proofing: (Click the Pre-deployment Proofing tab above for more information. The cost to have me set up a pre-deployment proofing site is $40.
There are lots of bad people out there on the Internet, which is why I build enhanced security features into the links and forms associated with every website I design.
If you think you get a lot of junk mail now, wait until you provide an unencrypted email address on your website for the world to see. The "spammers" have automated programs, commonly known as "spambots" that search the Internet 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, looking for email addresses. If your email address is not encrypted, I guarantee the amount of junk email you get will only increase with each passing month as more spambots find your email address and add it to junk email lists around the world.
The "Email Me" links on this website have been encrypted to they can't be read by the vast majority of spambots. There may be some very sophisticated spambots out there that can break the encryption but the majority will hit a dead end when they try to harvest email addresses from any of my client's websites.
Forms are especially vulnerable to being "hijacked" and used to send "spam" messages across the Internet. Most of the junk email you receive is sent through hijacked forms. The "Quote Request" form on this page is a perfect example of the extra security features I build into my sites.
- It features a random "captcha" code that must be typed into the form. Easy for a person... impossible for an automated program.
- It also features two hidden fields that are designed to trip up any efforts to hijack the form. Form hijacking software will automatically fill in the hidden form fields. If the form software detects entries in either hidden field the form won't submit.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
No website design company can promise top search engine ranking but I will design your website to be as "search engine friendly" as possible.
If basic SEO isn't sufficient, GoDaddy offers "Search Engine Visibility" software that does an extensive analysis of a website and flags any areas that may negatively impact the site's search engine rankings. Once the recommended changes have been made, the software helps create an Internet Yellow Pages ad and then submits your website to over 100 search engines. I charge $100 for the software and the time required to run it and implement the changes. My clients who have employed the Search Engine Visibility have all seen their search engine rankings improve. You probably found this website because of the Search Engine Visiblity software.
If your business has a higher advertising budget and you're willing to pay for better search engine ranking, we can discuss options such as Google's "Ad Words" program.
Doing those things should significantly improve your chances of being found by people searching the Internet for your products or services.
Proofing Prior to Deployment
If you're having me redesign an existing small business website and you can't afford to have your website off the Internet or in draft form while the changes are being implemented, I have a solution. Your website can be set up in a temporary hosting plan until you're satisfied that it's ready to replace your old website. At that point it can be deployed to the Internet with virtually no down time.
The cost to have me set up a proofing site for you is only $40.